Throughout history, there have literally been THOUSANDS of great military leaders. Some were famous. And others weren’t as famous, but they were still great leaders.
What I’d like to know is who is your favorite military leader of all time and why? What do you admire about the person? What makes them stick out to you?
I’ll get the conversation started by telling you that my favorite military leader of all time is George Washington. There are so many neat things I admire about George Washington. Here are a few:
- He was made commander of the Virginia militia, even though he had no prior military experience
- He had no formal military training
- He saw action in the French and Indian War
- After the Second Continental Congress he was named Commander in Chief of the Colonial Army (which he pretty much formed and trained)
- He wasn’t known as a military strategist, but he was great at keep his Soldiers motivated on the battlefield (he was a leader)
- His troops had very little food, training, ammunition, clothes and supplies, but he kept them motivated
- He served until his country eventually won the Revolutionary War and became a hero (and eventually the first President)
When you think about the few things he had going for him, it’s actually quite amazing that he achieved so much success as a military leader! And that’s why George Washington is my favorite military leader of all time. If it weren’t for him, there might not even be a United States today. If he were alive today, or if I could go back in time, I would love to meet him and pick his brain.
Please chime in and tell me who your favorite military leader of all time is. Just leave a comment to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.