Guest Post by Connie Wright
Are you an Army service member that is curious about what benefits are available for your spouse or child’s education? Perhaps you have served your country and after an honorable discharge or retiring with the Army you are now ready to utilize all the educational assistance that is available to you and your family members for the current day career training skills. One’s service provides some Army dependent scholarships that can provide financial assistance to your families’ career educational goals. Take a look at the following Army dependent scholarships.
1. The first scholarship degree program that Army dependents can utilize for themselves and or their immediate family members is the Service-members Opportunity College degree, which is named SOCAD. This Army dependent scholarship is offered to members of the Army, their spouses and children. One additional advantage of this scholarship for Army members is the ability to acquire an Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited traditional campus or online college while traveling or being stationed in multiple locations. There are many online colleges to choose from for this type of long distance learning program. Great flexibilities for these programs are offered to active members of the Army in order to facilitate the educational process without loss of the credit when work efforts require a mandatory focus.
2. The next choice for an Army dependent scholarship is the Stateside Spouse Education Assistance Program, otherwise known as SEAP. SEAP is based on one’s educational needs for acquiring an occupation. This type of assistance provides the spouse or widow of an active Army member to the monies needed for obtaining career opportunity training. A maximum amount for assistance under SEAP is limited to twenty-five hundred dollars per year.
3. If you and your spouse are stationed overseas, a grant or Army dependent scholarship of three-hundred and fifty dollars per academic quarter may be available through the Army Emergency Relief (AER) program for spouses’ educational needs. Specific overseas locations will determine accessibility. Research the AER programs accessible online for further information about this type of educational funding.
4. Military Spouse Career Advancement Account programs are available to Army spouses for educational funding assistance needs. This type of account program works like a grant or scholarship for spouses’ college degrees, or occupational license training needs, for current or future employment. The program offers higher funding amounts of assistance than some of the other Army spouse educational programs so one can contact “Military Source One,” at 1-(800) 342-9647, for more information.
5. Some State provided educational benefits are available for families of disabled, deceased, and missing in action veterans. Find these educational benefits available for your specific veteran situations and needs online at: http://www. Military.com
It is important to research and apply for all of the educational funding resources that are available to you as a Veterans dependent. Millions of dollars go unused for lack of knowledge or fear of great efforts that may be involved in obtaining the educational funding that one is rightfully owed. One should not allow their advanced education opportunities to fall by the waste side. Our service members fight hard to provide these benefits for their families and their country. Use them to advance your opportunities and that of your current or future families.
About the Author: Connie works from home as a freelance writer and editor. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration management, with expertise in multiple business to business service industries. An avid book reader, she utilizes a library of books in her home and online for article writing and research purposes. Connie’s son, uncles, father and grandfathers, all served in the U.S. military.
Former Army Major (resigned)
- Drop the Belly Fat Today! Decrease cravings. Lose weight and feel great. Learn how.
- The # 1 Health Product you need, but haven't heard of before! Get the info.
- My Favorite Cup of Coffee. You've got to try this SMART COFFEE. Learn more.
- The # 1 Home Business for 2024 & Beyond! Daily Pay. Take the free tour.
- Get Paid to Shop Online. It's 100% free forever. Earn $30 per referral. Learn more.