Without a doubt, my favorite Army weapon of choice is the M2 50 Cal. Although I’m not a combat arms guy, I love the Ma Deuce. It’s a powerful and effective weapon that can inflict some serious damage in a matter of seconds.
Here are a few specs about the M2 50 Cal:
- First designed in 1918
- More than 3 million built
- Weighs 83.78 lbs
- Length is 65.2 inches
- Effective Rang is 2000 yards
- Maximum range is 7400 yards
- Rate of fire ranges from 485 to 1200 bullets per minute depending upon model
- Typically mounted on vehicles such as boats and vehicles, but can also be used as a sniper rifle
Check out this link to get more information about the M2 50 Cal machine gun.
I love the M2 50 Cal machine gun. I only got the chance to fire it a few times in my career, but I absolutely loved it. If you have experience shooting the M2, I would love to hear from. Please leave a comment to share your thoughts.