If you are trying to get better abs, you are definitely in the right place. Most of us serving in the military want to look and feel good. In essence, we have to stay in shape to keep our job!
I will be the first to admit that I have struggled for years to have a flat stomach. I exercise a lot, but I also like to eat. Even worse, my wife is a great cook. Maybe some of you can relate to that.
I’ve made a new commitment to get in shape, have a flatter stomach and get better abs. For the purpose of this article, I’m going to share a few helpful tips so you can get better abs. I’m not a doctor by any means. This is just helpful information that I found online and enjoyed, so I wanted to share these tips with you. These tips are paraphrased in my own words.
1. Mix Up Your Routine: Many of us (including myself) get stuck doing the same routine. We go to the gym or exercise on the same days of the week, at the same time, doing the same routines. When we do that, our body gets in a routine and normally plateaus. When you exercise, mix things up. Do different exercises and different intervals whenever possible.
2. Control Your Diet: I love to eat. If you are in a similar situation, you need to get a grip on your diet too. To get better abs you must eat healthy and exercise. Doing just one of those things won’t get you the results you want. Consider visiting a dietitian or developing your own meal plan.
3. Don’t Just do Crunches and Sit-ups: This goes hand in hand with number one. Don’t just do crunches and sit ups. Mix things up and do different ab exercises. If needed purchase a couple different books with different ab workouts, or go online and search for some example workouts.
4. Focus on Whole Body Exercise: Focus on exercising your whole body, not just your abs. You can do squats, lunges, planks and a variety of exercises that work the core abs and other muscles at the same time.
5. Develop a Game Plan and Stick With It: If you want to achieve something, you should set a goal and write it down. Write down what you want to accomplish and what steps you are willing to do to get there. Also, you must have realistic expectations and be persistent and consistent.
6. Hire a Trainer: If you haven’t gotten the results you want in the past, you might consider hiring a trainer to help you get better abs. Depending upon where you live you can hire a trainer for somewhere between $20 and $75 per hour. Most gyms have trainers for hire. You can also hire a freelance trainer outside of the gym. If you are on a tight budget, you could have a buddy help you. Look for someone who is in shape and is qualified to give you advice.
In summary, these are some of my best tips on how to get better abs. What are your thoughts?
Recommended Products & Resources
After doing some research online about how to get better abs, here are a couple products/training programs I recommend you check out:
On a side note, if you are in great shape and have six pack abs, I would love to hear from you. What do you recommend to our viewers to get better abs? Or, if you have any questions, we are willing to answer them. Just leave a comment to share your thoughts.