In today’s post I want to educate you about DA Form 1379. This form is titled “U.S. Army Reserve Components Unit Record of Reserve Training.” The form is used by units in both the Army National Guard and Army Reserves. The document provides a by name listing of all Soldiers assigned to the unit. The purpose of the document is to track drill attendance and determine drill pay.
Here are a few things you should know about DA Form 1379. It is used to:
- Record drill attendance and status for assigned and attached personnel
- As a source document to very accuracy of unit payrolls
- As a permanent record of retirement points earned
- As a basic report for reflecting unit performance and constructive attendance
- As historical record of unit training
- For annual training attendance
- By reinforcement training units (RTU), IMA detachments, and USAR school student detachments to record authorized training of attached non-unit Soldiers.
- To determine eligibility for benefits if injury or death is incurred while in training
In most USAR and ARNG units the DA Form 1379 is prepared by the Readiness NCO and is reviewed by the 1SG and Company Commander prior to the end of drill weekend. Once reviewed, the Company Commander signs the form and then gives it back to the Readiness NCO. At this point, the Readiness NCO submits it to the USPFO or Pay Office so the drill pay can be processed.
If you have experience filling out a DA Form 1379, I really want to hear from you. Please educate us about the codes, how it works, and any tips you might have for Readiness NCOs and Company Commanders. Just leave a comment to let us know.
Thanks for visiting my website today. My name is Chuck Holmes. I am a former Army Major (resigned). I enjoy mentoring Soldiers, NCOs and officers through this website. I’ve had the luxury of working for myself, from home, for the past six years. I’m a pajama entrepreneur. If you’d like to learn how to work from home like I do, you should learn more about my home business. I promote natural and organic products and weight loss.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, my best email is firstname.lastname@example.org.