Guest Post by Lauren Oliver
While all auto insurance companies should be double and triple checked to ensure the best price for the best coverage, some insurance companies out there cater to military personnel specifically. All families have different needs in the insurance department, and military families definitely have needs different from most.
I am including a list of auto insurance companies that will provide complete coverage at affordable rates; some of the companies on my list are specifically for military personnel alone, and some are programs developed by the company to include just military personnel alone, and the coverage they need.
- USAA Military Home, Life, and Auto Insurance: With USAA military service members can count on an average savings of $450 a year when they switch over to USAA. They offer accident forgiveness for good drivers for just a few dollars per month, and they offer safe driver (much like Allstate) and good student discounts. There are flexible payment options that are fixed around pay schedules. Military service members can also enjoy a 15% discount on comp. coverage if they garage their vehicle on base in most states. USAA also offers guaranteed renewal of auto policies. Added to the fact that USAA is able to be passed down through the generations of military family, USAA is among the best company for investment, insurance (life, home, and auto) and banking.
- Armed Forces Insurance (AFI): Though—in my opinion—this insurance company doesn’t seem as good as USAA, it offers coverage and custom policies specifically to military personnel. There are a number of different policies options, including PIP, comp and collision, etc. These usually differ depending on the state of residence. The customer service is reported to be excellent in any case. Spouses and family members and allowed drivers are also covered under policies with AFI.
- Geico Military Program: We all love that little gecko representing Geico insurance company. The military program with Geico offers a 15% military discount on all auto insurance premiums. They also offer coverage while military service members are overseas, a storage protection plan, and emergency deployment discounts. Geico also provides service and advice when preparing for deployment such as maintaining the policy, ensuring coverage for family members, and resources to help smooth out the bumpy road ahead when planning for deployment. Customer service representatives are available 24/7. Geico is also partnered with the Navy Federal Credit Union that ensures even more savings on everything from banking to auto insurance to loans.
These are just a few of the auto insurance companies that serve military personnel. Many auto insurance companies—including AllState, Progressive, and State Farm to name a few—offer discounts for military personnel as well as affordable premiums and monthly rates. No matter who you are, military or civilian, it is important to get a quote, talk to a representative, and ask any question to make sure that the insurance policy purchased is going to fit all needs of the family and the military service member. Feel free to include more of the best auto insurance companies for military personnel in the comments section to keep building this resource.
If you have any questions that we may be able to help you with in regards to auto insurance, you can ask those below too.
About the Author: Lauren is a stay at home mom currently working from home as a freelance writer. She is certified in Education with a background in education, writing, and tutoring to help students develop their educational skills. She comes from a military family and writes articles about education, military life, and personal development.
Former Army Major (resigned)
- Drop the Belly Fat Today! Decrease cravings. Lose weight and feel great. Learn how.
- The # 1 Health Product you need, but haven't heard of before! Get the info.
- My Favorite Cup of Coffee. You've got to try this SMART COFFEE. Learn more.
- The # 1 Home Business for 2024 & Beyond! Daily Pay. Take the free tour.
- Get Paid to Shop Online. It's 100% free forever. Earn $30 per referral. Learn more.