Today, I want to do a bit of a humorous post. I want to talk about the best Army pranks and practical jokes ever. I will be the first to admit that I am not much of a prankster, but I do like a good laugh. During my time in the Army (as a young Soldier), I observed a bunch of different pranks and practical jokes on people such as:
- Sending new Soldiers to the PX to buy chem light batteries
- Sending folks looking for a box of grid squares
- Sending Soldiers in the motor-pool looking for a tube of elbow grease
- Sending Soldiers to the MPs to get a key to the main gate
- When someone got drunk and passed out people would toilet paper their room or drag their bed out into the hallway
- Replaced the sugar in the sugar holder with salt in DFAC
- Added hot sauce to someone’s soda or coffee
- Boat horn in the barracks while someone was sleeping
- Draw on buddy’s face with Sharpie while they were passed out
All of these jokes were funny. No one got hurt and it was a great laugh at the same time. Some people took the joke like a champ, sometimes there were words, and sometimes things got a bit crazy! Payback was almost always worse than the original joke. We never really got out of control or did anything harmful. It was all in good fun.
But, I know that there are some much better pranks and practical jokes than this. I know some of you “funny guys” and “funny girls” have some good practical jokes up your sleeve. Or, you’ve seen a good practical joke. What I’m really looking to do in this post is hear about some of your favorite Army pranks that you have participated in or seen in action.
You can leave a comment below to share your best/favorite prank.
Thanks for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for visiting my website today. My name is Chuck Holmes. I am a former Army Major (resigned). I enjoy mentoring Soldiers, NCOs and officers through this website. I’ve had the luxury of working for myself, from home, for the past six years. I’m a pajama entrepreneur. If you’d like to learn how to work from home like I do, you should learn more about my home business. I promote natural and organic products and weight loss.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, my best email is firstname.lastname@example.org.