I’m pretty excited to talk about the Army Cyber Command today. Considering the importance of technology in today’s world, and how most things are web based, I think this unit has one of the most important missions in the Army (other than the Infantry).
Here are a few quick facts about the Army Cyber Command that I found online:
- Part of/or known as 2nd Army
- Ran by Active Duty Army
- Established on October 1st, 2010
- Acronym is ARCYBER
- Headquarters in Fort Gordon, Georgia
- As of 9 JAN 2014, it is commanded by LTG Edward Cardon
Mission Statement of Cyber Command
Army Cyber’s mission is to plan, coordinate, integrate, synchronize, direct, and conduct network operations and defense of all Army networks. When directed, Second Army will conduct cyberspace operations in support of full spectrum operations to ensure U.S. and allied freedom of action in cyberspace, and to deny the same to adversaries.
What They Really Do
- Secret squirrel type stuff on the internet
- Defending the DoDIN
- Provide support to combatant commanders for execution of their missions around the world,
- Strengthen our nation’s ability to withstand and respond to cyber attack
- 9th Army Signal Command
- Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM)
- 1st Operations Command (Land)
- 780th MI Brigade (Cyber)
I’ve searched high and low for information on this unit all over the web and haven’t found much. If you can find any resources that share more information about it, please contact me and I will update this page.
For anyone who loves the internet as much as I do, this would be an awesome career/unit to serve in.