Today, I am going to provide a basic overview of the Army 25D MOS: Cyber Network Defender.
In these days of high technology, war and defense of our nation has required new jobs within the United States Army.
Daily, there are attacks against military cyber networks, as well as the networks of corporations and allies of the United States.
The Army 25D MOS is trained to defend these cyber networks using their knowledge, training and tools the Army provides to keep the cyber data and systems safe and secure.
Army 25D MOS Basic Job Description
The Army 25D essentially sits in a vault and protects, monitors, detects, analyzes, and responds to unauthorized cyberspace domain actions. They also install and administer defense measures that include firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
Being this is a fairly new MOS, many of the cyber responsibilities that other jobs performed have been moved under the 25D.
Army 25D MOS Responsibilities And Duties
The responsibilities and duties of the 25D Cyber Network Defender are numerous. Some of the primary ones include:
- Tests, implements and installs infrastructure hardware and software
- Assesses vulnerabilities and threats
- Responds to crisis or urgent situations within the network to control immediate and potential cyber threats
- Studies defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network in order to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats
- Provides detailed reports
Requirements To Become an Army 25D MOS
You cannot just become an Army 25D straight out of Basic Training. The requirements are:
- Must possess the an E6 rank
- Must have had scored a 105 in General Technical and Skilled Technical of the ASVAB
- Be a United States citizen
- Be recommended by the Battalion Commander
- Top Secret Security Clearance
There will be screenings to ensure the soldier has a strong ethical background too.
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Cyber War: Is It On?
- U.S. Army Cyber Command (USARCYBER): 13 Cool Facts
- Army 17C MOS: Cyber Operations Specialist
- What Are The Possibilities Of War With Russia?
- U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM): 10 Cool Facts
Training For The Army 25D MOS
When recommended, the soldier will travel to Fort Gordon, Georgia for 14 weeks of classroom and hands on training. You will learn about conducting both offensive and defensive cyberspace operations.
From looking at various soldiers who have been a 25D, you will work closely with civilian contractors.
It is an important area that the United States Army and Department of Defense must be on top of. Cyber space is the war zone now. The military who controls cyber space is the superpower as I see it.
We would love to hear from any current 25Ds. Please tell us more about this position… Well as much as you can anyway since it is a high secret MOS.
Do you have questions or feedback? Just post it below. Thank you for visiting.