In this post, I am going to explain about DA Form 705. This is an important form that will be used by Company Commanders in part of the evaluation of soldiers.
DA Form 705 is the official APFT Score Card. This form is used to record the results of each soldier’s APFT. The APFT Score Card has the following information on it:
- Name: The soldiers enter their first, last and middle names.
- Gender: Enter male or female.
- Unit: The soldier’s unit is recorded here.
- Date: This is the date of the test.
- Grade: The soldier’s pay-grade is entered here.
- Age: Soldier enters their age at the time of the test.
- Height: Height is entered in inches here.
- Weight: Weight is entered in pounds here.
- Body Fat Comp: If the soldier exceeds the weight standards, they have to get a tape test. This information is recorded on the DA Form 705 on this line.
- PU: In this section(push-ups), the grader records the number or reps and then calculates the score and enters the score.
- SU: (sit-ups) As with the push-up event, the grader records the number of repetitions performed and calculates the score.
- 2 Mile Run: The grader records the time it takes to finish the two mile run and writes it here.
- Alternate Event: If the soldier has a profile and takes an alternate event such as the 2.5 mile walk, that event is recorded here.
- Total Points: The grader calculates the points from each activity and totals the score.
- NCOIC/OIC Signature: After inputting all the information onto the APFT Score Card, the OIC/NCOIC signs it to validate the card.
- Comments: This would be where they record Pass or Fail or any other comments they might have.
One APFT Scorecard can track the results of four different APFTs. Please note that DA Form 705 does not change much.
Every soldier should keep a copy of their score card in their own personnel file or “I Love Me” book. That way if the unit every misplaces the DA Form 705, they will have an extra copy for their own records.
Do you have any added information about the DA Form 705 that I may have neglected to mention? Any questions? You can post them in the comments area. Thank you.
Thanks for visiting my website today. My name is Chuck Holmes. I am a former Army Major (resigned). I enjoy mentoring Soldiers, NCOs and officers through this website. I’ve had the luxury of working for myself, from home, for the past six years. I’m a pajama entrepreneur. If you’d like to learn how to work from home like I do, you should learn more about my home business. I promote natural and organic products and weight loss.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, my best email is email@example.com.