Now that 2013 is officially over, I figured it would be wise to take a few moments and reflect on the past year for Part-Time-Commander.com. It’s been a fun and interesting year to say the least. My business has consistently taken three steps forward and then two steps back thanks to all of the Google updates. Some months see record growth, followed by major downturns the next few months. Although it is frustrating at times, I understand that all businesses have cycles. I’m also in this for the long haul.
What I want to do in the paragraphs below is share a few of our achievements for 2013 and cover what we have planned in 2014 and beyond. Please note that I don’t say any of this to brag. I simply want my friends, family, and fans to know what’s going on at Part-Time-Commander.com.
Milestones for 2013 for Part-Time-Commander.com
We saw some great success in 2013. Here are a few of our big achievements.
- In 2013 we had 269,311 visitors, compared to 156,039 in 2012.
- In 2013, we had 228,553 unique visitors, compared to 129,048 in 2012.
- In 2013 we had 425,438 page views compared to 252,283 in 2012.
- We published 459 new blog posts/articles in 2013, bringing our total published posts up to 746.
- If you add in the “pages” on our website it has 789 pages of content as of December 31, 2013.
- My goal is to hit 1,000 pages by the end of 2014.
- We created a new Facebook fan page in 2013, so all 589 fans were new fans. If you haven’t liked us yet on Facebook, you can do so here.
- We launched several new products this year to include the Company XO Training Course, Platoon Leader Training Course, Time Management Course and Part-Time Army Leader Development Guide.
- We had several guest writers during the year to include Justin Long, Candace Ginestar, Mark Gerecht and several others.
- We increased our email subscribers from 1385 to 1761, a net gain of 376. If you haven’t don’t so already, make sure you subscribe to our monthly newsletter so you get all of our updates.
- We “officially” launched our YouTube Channel this year and we currently have 139 educational videos.
- Our website turned 4 years old in November 2013.
What’s Ahead in 2014?
- My goal is to launch four new audio courses and training courses in 2014: one for NCOs, one for Company Grade Officers, one for Field Grade Officers, and one for junior enlisted Soldiers.
- My primary focus for 2014 is to build up my YouTube Channel. I’ve quickly discovered that people prefer videos over text. Therefore, my goal is to add 161 new YouTube videos to my YouTube channel this year (bringing us up to 300 total videos). Also, most of my blog posts in 2014 will include text and a video.
- My goal is to publish one new blog post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and stick to that schedule.
- I would like to hire a couple NCOs and senior Officers to bring a different perspective to my website. If you are interested in being a paid writer feel free to contact me.
- I have considered launching a clothing line to include hoodies and polo shirts for part-time Soldiers. Hopefully, this will happen by the fall of 2014, or in early 2015.
- I also plan on doing an OFFLINE newsletter or magazine and some direct mail in 2014.
- I also plan on starting some live seminars and training sessions in late 2014 or early 2015.
2013 was a great year for my family and business. Here are some of the highlights of my year:
- Spent the month of July with my son, Devant
- Traveled to many yard sales and flea markets in search of treasure
- Started working on new college degree (eBusiness)
- Put a new roof on our house and painted it
- Ran approximately 200+ miles
- Read more than 50 books
- Sold more than 1200 things on eBay!
- Wrote and published several books
I really want you to know that I appreciate you as a loyal website visitor here at Part-Time-Commander.com. Without you, I wouldn’t have a business and my website wouldn’t be anywhere near as successful as it currently is. I hope that 2014 brings you joy, success, and prosperity. And I hope you will continue to visit my website every week and share it with your peers. I’m glad you are part of our community.
Thanks for your service. Have a happy New Year.